Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring VOIP for SRP527W

novadonuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum,

I've recently purchased the SRP527W router, I am let to believe it has the necessary hardware built in to enable me to make VOIP calls. Thing is, where do I put the settings in for it? I was told by the isp I need three details, the SIP being akl.italk.co.nz, username@slingshot.co.nz and password. I am not too technical about routers, I've managed to get the internet working, just the phone I am not having much luck with.

If anyone could offer any suggestion I would be grateful.

Kind regards, Ian.

Software Version:    1.01.09(001)

Voice Module Version:    1.0.13(20100407)

Product Name:    SRP527W

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rvaltier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ian

In order to configure voice port on SRP527w login as "admin"

Go to Voice then chose the line you want to configure, set line enable to "YES" then go to Proxy and Registration.

Insert proxy and outbound proxy (if needed)

Set use outbound proxy to "yes" (if needed)

Now on subcriber information, type display name, user ID and password assigned by your provider.

Best Regards,

Rogelio

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rvaltier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ian

In order to configure voice port on SRP527w login as "admin"

Go to Voice then chose the line you want to configure, set line enable to "YES" then go to Proxy and Registration.

Insert proxy and outbound proxy (if needed)

Set use outbound proxy to "yes" (if needed)

Now on subcriber information, type display name, user ID and password assigned by your provider.

Best Regards,

Rogelio

Hi Rogelio

Thanks for your help. I've got it all up and running now thanks, a few teething issues, but a blinking good router I must say!

Kind regards

Ian

claumorar
Level 1
Level 1

Would it be possible (for the same router) to have two or more VOIP accounts for the same line? Or at least one account for incomming calls and another one for outgoing calls? If yes how can this be configured?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: