cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring wan on a 2800 series router

luke.lavender11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am new to cisco i just got my ccent and purchased a cisco 2800 series router running ios 15.1. I know how to do basic configs such as hostname, banner, and setting the interfaces with ip addresses and such, but I cant seem to be able to communicate through the router. I have given ports gigethernet 0/0 and 0/1 ip addresses. ( 0/0 is connected to my isp with dhcp, and I do get an ip from them) I can ssh or telnet to the server from the 0/1 that is connected to a switch. But I cant passthrough the router when trying to acces the internet or anything bast the 0/1 port.

I have tried using default rout 

" ip route 0.0.0.0  0.0.0.0 gigethernet 0/0 "

I also have a pfsense router, when i switch the cables to it instead of the ciscoIt works.

I have tried contacting my isp and they say that I should have a tech come to my home to help me setup my modem (called me stupid)

Still doesnt work. Any help?

3 Replies 3

Hi,

As per you, you had done IP address configuration and given default route as well.

I guess you have configured private ip address to inside of your network.

You need to do NAT for making LAN to WAN Communication.

- PPN

Could you point me in the right direction for configuring it? I cant seem to find anything about it in my ccna book, and google searches havent been succesfull iether. Sorry for the bother.

Try this easy Basic ROuter COnfiguration guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFkKNIfy9c0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: