cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connect router to my vpn my vpn provider

Gimpchops
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I would like to connect my 887 to my vpn provider and have no idea on how to set it up on my router.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your provider seems to provide only openvpn solutions and Cisco routers doesn't have any openvpn client embedded.
You can use PPTP, L2TP or Easy Vpn (IPSEC)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You would like to create an IPSEC L2L (site to site) tunnel with your provider?

What version do you have on your actual router 881?

What are the requirements for your L2L VPN? (subnets on remote site and local site, authentication, pfs group, transform-set....) ?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

hi thanks im not sure im rely not up on vpn my provider is windscribe do they need to support ipsec or do I need to choose encryption they support. sorry im rely in the dark with it. 

Version 15.2(4)M6

as far as i know its just a p2p connection but not sure

hi after further research my provider offer openvpn with   AES 256-bit data encryption or  IKEv2.

Your provider seems to provide only openvpn solutions and Cisco routers doesn't have any openvpn client embedded.
You can use PPTP, L2TP or Easy Vpn (IPSEC)

Thanks
Francesco

Shame. OK thanks I'll have to look in to it when my contract is up. Thanks again.

No problem! Let us know

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: