Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices timing out and dropping connection

Hi

I have an RV340 with a 70Mbps WAN connection.  It is conneected through an RV340 CISCO router with 8 APs connected to it.    2 months ago I was getting a direct pass through of 70Mbps and now it has dropped to 11-40 Mbps and also devices are dropping off the network and hanging.  When I ping I get a host unreachable or packets being dropped.

My config has not changed, I am baffled as to why this has happened. Installed WAN testing device testing and it is solid at 70Mbps.  Dropping HTTPs dropping zoom!!

Any ideas please?

7 Replies 7

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

So you do have like the following topology ISP-->RV340-->RV340-->8 x APs?  Where those APs are connected to? RV340 has 4 GE ports only. If so what is the reason behind to use two RVs?

Regards,

Martin

Hi

No its a BT hub to RV340 to SG350 to AP.  Not a double RV340

Hi Frank,

What type is your WAN connection to the ISP? To make sure the problem is with the RV depending on your connection you can plug your Internet cable into a PC and test the speed just to exclude the ISP.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin

We have a 15 min check on inbound ISP and speed is constant at 70Mbps.

There is no issue WAN side.  The issue is from RV340

Hi Frank,

I understand. What is your WAN connection type (DHCP/Static IP/PPPoE/L2TP)? Have you changed the MTU size from Auto to Manual in Advanced Settings? How many VLANs do you have and does the RV340 act as a DHCP server? Try to ping and traceroute 8.8.8.8 for example from an endpoint on the switch and see the TTL values?

Regards,

Martin

Hi

This is a static IP WAN from BT (fibre) steady as a rock guaranteed 70Mbps down

RV340 is a DHCP server we have no IP binding in place

Traceroute today was looking great against gateway and VOIP phone TTL 64 with a max round trip of 79ms.  Slightly longer on 8.8.8.8 at 114ms but no packet loss and no issues...today

Two days ago I was getting the device hanging, not finding urls and just hanging. From the cmd prompt I was getting host unreachable and occasional 50% loss.  So something is not right!  

We have no VLANs set up and have not touched MTU, 

What do you think?

Also, client is now complaining of calls (VOIP) dropping and either outbound not hearing the other person or visa versa?  

The CODEC is configured on VOIP to reflect inbound CODEC, SIP ALG is disabled

We have no priority on outbound traffic.

Thoughts on this new issues raised today?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: