Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different GUI interface on RV220W

Hi,

Before we purchased RV220W we were amaze on the features of it base on the GUI in the device emulator https://www.cisco.com/web/sbtg/gui_mockups/RV220W_v1/home.htm

Now that we have the device we were surprise that what we have is different from the emulator and the features that we we are looking for is not there since it has different GUI.

Does firmware affect the GUI? we have a 1.0.3.5 firmware version while the emulator has 1.0.1.0

Hope someone can enlighten me on this one.

Thanks,

Francis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Al,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

The firmware release version definitely affects the GUI.  If you'd like to have the v1.0.1.0 you may download it from the below link and downgrade it from the Administration>Firmware Upgrade GUI menu;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283118607&flowid=24581&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.4.17&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may assist you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Al,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

The firmware release version definitely affects the GUI.  If you'd like to have the v1.0.1.0 you may download it from the below link and downgrade it from the Administration>Firmware Upgrade GUI menu;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283118607&flowid=24581&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.4.17&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may assist you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Al,

If you upgraded the firmware to the new one, it should have enhanced capabilities. Can you let me know which feature you couldn't find on the new firmware.

Thank you

Sreenivas

Hi Sreenivas,

When we bought the device it was in the latest firmware.

Here is what we are looking for in the demo, the QoS part. Where we can limit the bandwidth of the users.

This is what we see in our device

Thanks,

Al

Hi Jeffrey,

I really appreciate the prompt response from you.

What there be no problem downgrading firmware?

Thanks,

Al

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Al,

Yeah I wish they would update the way the GUI looks on that emulator. Its been like that for a while but other than that, if you upgrade past 1.0.1.0 then the GUI changes. They pretty much worked to enhance the way the GUI is and move certain sub tabs to different areas in the GUI. In my opinion I like the way the new GUI looks but you always have the option to roll back the firmware.

Now the draw backs to doing this will probably result in having to do a factory reset of the unit. What I would really do though is check out the release notes to make sure you don't run into any bugs that could mess you up. The link will also give you some information on downgrading the firmware as well that will help you out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9923/prod_release_notes_list.html

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Hi All,

I am really sorry for this post. I look at the configuration again and the bandwidth limit features is still there. I just thought that the new features was for WAN bandwidth only.

Thanks,

Al

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: