cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMZ on RV016

hetzelg
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to configure new router, first-time experience with Cisco.

Expecting DMZ to be simple setup because the documentation is so skinny. Using Setup/Network/Edit DMZ Connection Subnet Mode is selected, configured for 172.30.30.1, 255.255.255.0.

I have a server plugged into DMZ port, static address 172.30.30.2, 255.255.255.0, Gateway 172.30.30.1.

I want all traffic arriving at one-and-only-one public address (one of five static addresses provided on WAN1) to route to-one-and-only-one address on the DMZ, i.e. 172.30.30.2. And all traffic from 172.30.30.2 must return via same route. There is no need for any DMZ trafffic to or from LAN, no need for any DMZ traffic to or from WAN2.

I am thinking this should require little or nothing beyond default, but after a full day of experiments, I have nothing to show.

What am I missing?

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

For most people, "DMZ Range" is easier to setup than "DMZ Subnet".

You might want to take a look at the following thread for more information.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3682629#3682629

I did experiment a bit with using overlapping public address; but notice I use the word experiment because I find no useful guidance in thr literature. And I was able find a way to connect my server to a single public address for partial connectivity.

But it didn't fully work, and I abandoned the effort.

Can you provide more insight? Otherwise, my experience is quite similar to the frustrated user in the thread that you included.

Perhaps it will be easier if you could call the support center for assistance. The folks there should be able to get it going for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: