Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS on modem or WRVS4400n

mavbritton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have successfully got QuickVPN working from Windows 7 64bit into my WRVS4400n.  The router is sat behind another router/modem (Belkin) as the UK uses PPPoA and the WRVS4400n doesn't.

So I set up DMZ and changed the DHCP to always allocate 10.x.x.2 on the Belkin which is the WAN side for the WRVS4400n as it is the only thing attached.

I have now noticed, and I'm not sure whether it was the case before, that the DNS that the WRVS4400 is showing is the LAN address for the Belkin  Modem/Router (10.x.x.1), not 192.x.x.1 for the WRVS4400n itself.

What would be the best way to resolve this?  I assumed setting the Static DNS 1 on the WRVS4400n would do it, but it didn't?

When I connect into the network with QuickVPN, the computer names do not show even though I have selected the option in QuickVPN

Any help would be great

Cheers

1 Reply 1

HI mavbritton

In addition to verifying the dns, you should also verify that the default gateway is correct, once verified this and the problem persists, follow these instructions:

If you have a domain in your network, the DNS of each computer has to be the ip of your server, and the DNS for the router has the ip to be your ISP That Gives to you.

If you have no domain, each device must have the dns that your ISP gives to you.

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: