cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the RV110W support remote VPN connection via OpenVPN or L2TP?

CiscoRV110W
Level 1
Level 1

It took me a few hours, but I was finally able to connect to my home network through a PPTP tunnel.  I could not get the QuickVPN solution to work because I had the same problem as many others (my router would not respond to the pings) but I did like how it used a client certificate for auth.

I would prefer to use something more secure than PPTP, but the RV110W docs are a little vague whether other protocols are supported for remote access.

The router's "Basic VPN Setup" is obviously for site-to-site connections since it mentions local and remote LANS.  Can the Advanced Setup tab be used to configure an OpenVPN, L2TP or other protocol for remote computer access?

Is there some documentation or examples which describe the steps necessary to accomplish this?

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Jon,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Below is a link for L2TP configuration settings;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2526

I have not used OpenVPN myself, but I know TheGreenBow should work pretty well using the "Basic VPN' settings, please find below a document you may use as a reference;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=3049

I hope you find this information useful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: