cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading New Config to SR 520

stoteda
Level 1
Level 1

I previously posted about the inability to get a DHCP address from the LAN port of the SR 520.  I have set up another older laptop (I needed the serial port) and opened a session via the CLI.  The <show run> command yields a configuration file that looks nothing like the default config files from

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5167

I have tried <write erase> and then reload, but I end up with the same config file.

I am trying to TFTP using the pumpkin utility, but have not had luck placing the default configuration into the "startup-config" directory I created (it was not there).

Right now I am using the console port and the LAN ports do not service the DHCP requests.  Would I be able to copy the file over on the console port without having to set up the TFTP server?

Should I consider another route to get this resolved?

1 Reply 1

stoteda
Level 1
Level 1

I ended up using the console port to configure the startup script manually.  It took a while but worked fine.

Thanks for the link to the factory default file.

-Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: