Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic DNS in RV130

Hi,

i have an RV130 connected to the internet router/modem and i configured the dynamic dns (no-ip provider).

the problem is that the ip that is returned to the ddns is the wan ip from the rv130, not the internet ip.

if i use a machine in the network with the no-ip app it shows the correct internet ip in the no-ip website, but since this is for a client i cant just ask him to keep a machine always on running the app.

is there a way to change the configuration on the rv130 or is it something i need to change on the modem?

thnx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

There is nothing that you can/need to change on the router, it will report the IP address that it has on the WAN connection.

Based on what you said, I believe the issue is that the modem the RV130 is connected to is acting as a router and providing some sort of private IP to the RV130 (10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x)

What you need to do is to contact the ISP and ask them change the modem to bridge mode so that the actual public IP goes straight to the WAN port of the RV130 and then the DDNS will show the right address.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

There is nothing that you can/need to change on the router, it will report the IP address that it has on the WAN connection.

Based on what you said, I believe the issue is that the modem the RV130 is connected to is acting as a router and providing some sort of private IP to the RV130 (10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x)

What you need to do is to contact the ISP and ask them change the modem to bridge mode so that the actual public IP goes straight to the WAN port of the RV130 and then the DDNS will show the right address.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for marking the answer as correct.

Please let us know if you have any more questions

Hi,

Sorry but this is not the correct answer for all the different situations. On my case, the router is a fiber router which can't be modified to act like a modem, so the WAN IP I've to use on the CISCO RV130W router is a internal LAN IP. So, in my case, the no-ip ddns IP will be an internal IP for sure (192.168.x.x), and there's no way the router gets the external IP of the internet connection...or is there any way?

Regards.