cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway to Gateway using RV042

djb031560
Level 1
Level 1

I have a third-party vendor initiating an ipsec VPN connection to my RV042 firewall router using static IP (I have a class C range of IP's from my ISP). The VPN connection fails at Phase 1 with a MM_NO_STATE - PHASE 1 MISMATCH. We have gone through my setup and all the parameters are the same - Using IKE PS with AES 256\SHA1\Group 5 on both Phase 1 and Phase 2, disabled PFS, same encryption key, and enabled AH Encryption using SHA1. All other parameters are unchecked in advanced settings.

I have tried both Client to Gateway and Gateway to Gateway with the same results. They are using telnet to generate interesting traffic to a public static IP on my side (not my gateway) that I have one-to-one natted to a private IP on my workstation. The above MM_NO_STATE error is from their side and my logs read that the message has been received from them to us  but no connection has been authorized with policy=PSK

My vendor is convinced that I have something wrong in my setup and has basically dumped it in my lap to correct. So any help is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Hi , 

Look into below url for settings .what is other end device ASA/ Same RV042 firewall router 

IPSec Setup

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=624

HTH

Sany