cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway to Gateway VPN connection between RV320 and RV042 routers

jacoby099
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a gateway to gateway bridge between my home internet (AT&T provides Uverse internet) and my office network (Birch communications, formerly cbeyond) using 2 RV042 routers for 3 years without a problem. I just purchased an RV320 router for my office because of increased VLAN functionality needs and I cannot get my home RV042 and office RV320 gateway to gateways to stay connected. If I reset my AT&T router and upgrade both RV's firmware (to the current, already installed - so essentially reinstalling the firmware) I can get my gateways to connect for a limited amount of time but then they disconnect and I cannot get them to reconnect. Office has a static IP and my home IP is by DNS resolved. My AT&T router is in passthrough mode so my RV042 is getting the public IP address. Is there an issue with connecting these 2 devices. I thought that all the RVxxx series could connect to each other via IPSec gateway to gateway tunnels. I have spent weeks now playing with this and it is driving me crazy!

Any help would be very very appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. There should not be any problem by connecting both RV's routers, so an idea that comes to my mind is to use the Keep Alive advanced option on both routers which Ensures that your router is always connected to the Internet. When this feature is selected, the router keeps the connection alive by sending out a few data packets periodically.

Regards,