cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Heads up - Automatically download updates from Cisco.com going away

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please be advised, the automated software distribution services will no longer be available from March 1st (2022) forward. The following devices are affected:

• RV260/RV160 series
  • RV34x series
  • Cisco Business Wireless (CBW) access points

There is a simple workaround available for CBW. Though the routers will need to be updated manually. For more information see the article linked below:

Automated Software Distribution for Cisco Business Devices

2 Replies 2

GKToronto
Level 1
Level 1

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread -- you might want to include this info in the next email notification, if there's another firmware update before the RV34x series goes end-of-life. I think most customers (who don't follow the forum) wouldn't have expected the automatic downloads to just stop working.

Personally, I always update manually, to make sure security patches are immediately installed, but others with a larger number of Cisco devices might be relying on the automatic updates.

Thanks for the good idea GKToronto. I believe the notification email is totally automated, but we're going to check on that. I've also shared your post with the team to see if we can reflect these changes within the release notes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: