cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP !!! really I need it .... Web server and CISCO modem

jonsey105
Level 1
Level 1

Hi forum, I'm new here and I'm looking for a (not a little) help, well, I start the tale with this, I change the Internet supplier and this gave me a CISCO Modem Model DPQ2202, so, what the supplier told me is that when they assigned the Public IP to the port through MAC Address all the ports will be open, because I can not open them from the my server (OS Win Server 2008)

Ok, I assigned the IP, and DNS and default getway, but the web site can not pass through the modem and we can not see the web site.

Well I know that the default gateway of the port is not the same as the default gateway of the Public IP from the supplier service, so I put the Public IP in the default gate way of the connection, is that correct?

So this is my panorama, what can I do to fix this issue?  Is true what the supplier said?  Do I need a PPPoE connection?   or what?

My time slot is slipping, I will appreciate all the info you can provide to me.

Thanks and Best Regards !!!

5 Replies 5

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jo Sants,

Even though the modem is small, this is not the right community to seek support for your modem.

I would have thought that the Service Provider (SP) should have set up your modem,  so it can be used by a network.  They gave you some information, but just enough to tantelize you, but not solve your problem.

The information you included in your posting, says nothing about having a router front ending your network to provide NAT services.

---internet-------cisco modem-----router--------YOUR NETWORK of computer

Why not call the SP back, and ask them to walk you through the installation of the modem, so you can get access to their internet service.

So, I humbly suggest you check back with your SP for help, they have a direct interest to keep you as a customer by getting your connectivity working..

Good luck.

Dave

Hi David, thank you so much for the info, I guess I do not have a router,I called back to the SP a lot of times but said that they do not have the technical suport for that issues. If you can bring me a correct forum about CISCO or the topic, I will appreciate in great manner.

So I have to look for a CISCO dealer or something like that, the file you attached, already had read it but thanks again.

Best Regards !!!

Hi Jo,

As David mentioned, your SP should be providing support for you.  However in your case they are not. I noticed this forum may be able to help you: http://forums.cable-modem.net/

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thanks Cindy, as David had mentioned in the diagram:

---internet-------cisco modem-----router--------Server

I need a router, a person said me in the forum that you recomend me. One thing more, if I could, How I can know the IP of the default gateway of the modem that I have?  or the router do that work?

Thanks again !!

The best thing that you should do is talk to a Cisco partner to help recommend a router that is best for your needs.  To find a partner close to you please go to the partner locater:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/partnerlocator/partner_program_overview.html

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!