jhclemente
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to configure two vlans with a separate subnet each on a RV042G

vlan 1: 192.168.1.0/24

vlan 2: 192.168.2.0/24

Can you help me to this?

What I did is configuring port 1 for VLAN1 and port 2 for vlan 2... also configured two subnets, bot all ports and vlans get same dhcp for the main subnet.

Any help?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

DHCP is only available for one subnet, so that may be why the other vlan is getting the wrong IP address.  Also, the vlans are dependent on the port they are plugged into.  If everything is in the port for vlan1, they will be only on vlan1.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

How can I prevent devices on vlans distinct from vlan1 to get dhcp responses?

Hi JH, the rv042 router supports only port base vlan. The purpose of the port base vlan is to separate traffic at a layer 2 level but have common ports intercommunicate to each other due to layer 3 addressing.

If you want two distinct vlan per se, you would need to configure static IP on the hosts connecting through a port of a different vlan using a different IP schema. If you'd like those subnets to intercommunicate you would need to enable the multiple subnet feature then specify that other address range.

I don't think this is exactly what you want but this is the functionality of the router.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: