Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i bridge LAN2 port on RV340w ?

My ISP allows me to have up to 5 public IPs and I would like to use one of them for LAN2 port.

Is it possible to bridge port2 on the RV340w router? If yes, could you please explain the steps, I could not find it in the guide and not really if it is possible. 

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the user case here ? explain more to understand your requirement ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I want the LAN2 (port2) to receive another dynamic public IP address as the WAN port. I am allowed to receive up to five public IP from our local internet provider, So the use case is simple, we need to simply be able to bridge the LAN2 port to be able to receive an IP from ISP.

Look at the below guide should help you setting up a bridge mode. (instead static you can select bridge).

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-support-documents/configure-static-ip-wan-settings-on-the-rv34x-router/ta-p/3309521

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks, but I don't think it would enable bridge on LAN2?

Anyone can help?

Do we have anyone from Cisco here who could help? 

krishna_c
Level 1
Level 1

You may try below steps: 

Step1: Create a VLAN with some ID and ensure to exclude all LAN ports from the created VLAN except LAN2 port. Also, you may mark configure LAN2 port to tagged or untagged depending on your need.

Step2: Configure your WAN interface (On which your ISP link is connected) to the connection type "Bridge" and chose your VLAN created in the above step for the option "Bridge to".

Step3: Configure one of your public IP address into "IP Address" field. Fill in other configuration parameters needed in the page. Apply the configuration.

Step4: Now check your PC or device connected on LAN2 port reach/get ISP's public IP to it. 

If your public IP from ISP is a static one, try to configure them on to your host PC connected to LAN2 port. Now, check if everything works.

All the best... Thanks...!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: