cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you get a license for a RV340?

davidmoor1
Level 1
Level 1

My RV340 is running in evaluation mode with 58 days left.  In the web interface I am told that I need to get a Cisco Smart account to get a license and to register my device.  To get a smart account I need to supply an account domain identifier.  I have no domain, my email address is @yahoo.com.  I submitted the request and the web page told me that I would get a call in a few days.

I submitted the request a week ago and have heard nothing.  I see that my request, and a lot of others @yahoo.com, are "Pending Domain Approval".

So how do I get a license?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

best alternative option is call SME support license team to help you.

they are quick and act fast to resolve your issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, no worries. The RV340 will continue to work perfectly fine after evaluation expires or an active  security license will expire.

The evaluation period is only valid for the optional security license. We will fix the wording.

Yo can turn the license off now and see that the router will work just fine without it.

The optional license is for additional security features: Websecurity, IPS, AntiVirus, AppID. These would stop working and if you want to continue to use those ( which I recommend ;-) 

Check here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-technical/cisco-rv340-series-security-license-ls-rv34x-sec-1yr/ta-p/3850789

Let me find out what the best process is to register on cisco's website. Please contact licensing@cisco.com like @balaji.bandi was saying

Jo

The license you can buy from a Cisco reseller. Online for example cdw.com

You can register to a Cisco Smart Account with a generic domain like yahoo.com as well.

Jo & others,

thank you. Very good info. Yes, based on those data points I would like to buy the license... I will go through the steps you suggest. If you have other inputs to help expedite the license purchase it would be appreciated...

thank you. 

Hi there,

My name is Nikola and I'm a member of Cisco Small Business Devices Team.

To activate the security license the customer must have a registered smart account at software.cisco.com. A license is deposited to the customer’s smart account based on provided Cisco Sales Order Number (NOTE: License depositing is performed by GLO). 

The easiest way to check if the customer has a registered smart account is using his domain name, but it is mandatory to confirm the correct smart account with the customer. For example: 

• Copy the domain from the customer’s e-mail address or smart account name
  • Navigate to software.cisco.com and paste the domain in Smart Account Search Bar
  • By clicking Product Instances, you can confirm the Serial Number of the router that is registered to the mentioned account

After confirming that the customer has purchased and deposited license to his smart account, the license is linked to the router by generating a virtual token. This token is a code that is generated from the smart account and pasted in the router’s License tab.

The token generation button can be found under General Inventory tab

• After filling up the from the token code would be generated 
  • Once the token is generated click Copy and paste it into the router’s License Tab
  • If the above steps are completed successfully the Registration Status of the router will move from Unregistered – Unauthorized or Evaluation to Registered – Authorized

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the process on how to create a smart account if you use a shared domain which is not owned by you.

I.e. outlook.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com etc.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv340-webfilter-licensing/m-p/3723024?attachment-id=161777#M36217

Unfortunately there is a security check to verify that you are a real person when you register.

Jo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: