cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
davidmoor1
Beginner

How do you get a license for a RV340?

My RV340 is running in evaluation mode with 58 days left.  In the web interface I am told that I need to get a Cisco Smart account to get a license and to register my device.  To get a smart account I need to supply an account domain identifier.  I have no domain, my email address is @yahoo.com.  I submitted the request and the web page told me that I would get a call in a few days.

I submitted the request a week ago and have heard nothing.  I see that my request, and a lot of others @yahoo.com, are "Pending Domain Approval".

So how do I get a license?

3 REPLIES 3
balaji.bandi
VIP Master

best alternative option is call SME support license team to help you.

they are quick and act fast to resolve your issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Community for Help

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee

First of all, no worries. The RV340 will continue to work perfectly fine after evaluation expires or an active  security license will expire.

The evaluation period is only valid for the optional security license. We will fix the wording.

Yo can turn the license off now and see that the router will work just fine without it.

The optional license is for additional security features: Websecurity, IPS, AntiVirus, AppID. These would stop working and if you want to continue to use those ( which I recommend ;-) 

Check here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-technical/cisco-rv340-series-security-license-ls-rv34x-sec-1yr/ta-p/3850789

Let me find out what the best process is to register on cisco's website. Please contact licensing@cisco.com like @balaji.bandi was saying

Jo

The license you can buy from a Cisco reseller. Online for example cdw.com

You can register to a Cisco Smart Account with a generic domain like yahoo.com as well.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee

Here is the process on how to create a smart account if you use a shared domain which is not owned by you.

I.e. outlook.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com etc.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv340-webfilter-licensing/m-p/3723024?attachment-id=161777#M36217

Unfortunately there is a security check to verify that you are a real person when you register.

Jo

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Polls
When looking for support content like videos or documents, how do you arrive at our support content?
Help us support you!