Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change LAN IP range on rv345

Not applicable

I am trying to make the lan side of the router use a 10.x.x.x network instead of the 192.168.x.x that it uses by default.  I have the ATT gateway running to the wan port.  I want the rest of the network on the other side of router using the router for ip addresses on the 10.x.x.x network.

How would I make this change?

54 Replies 54

With my RV340 using 1.0.01.18 once IP address was changed for VLAN1 I was no longer able to access management interface.  Not sure if your RV345 is different.

@TekResults wrote:

With my RV340 using 1.0.01.18 once IP address was changed for VLAN1 I was no longer able to access management interface.  Not sure if your RV345 is different.

I assume you changed the IP address in your browser to the new IP address and changed your network on your PC if it is not a routed IP network?

of course

Once the router rebooted, which takes a few minutes, I then accessed the router using the new IP address. (Same user name and password, but the new IP address)

I admittedly struggled because I hadn’t allowed enough time for the router to complete it’s reboot. (This prevented me from gaining access initially) Once I waited and ensured it was back on line, I had no issues. My previous network equipment all came online, as they were set up as fixed IP with my 3rd octet setting.

The RV340 has an apply button on VLAN settings page but this just changes the running configuration.   There is a separate step to then save the running configuration to the startup configuration but alas once the IP address has changed one cannot login again.  Rebooting RV340 gets the prior configuration back to running and so IP address changes back to original.  Please read my posts. 

Maybe RV345 has apply and save as same operation. 

Yes. RV345P has the same apply and save. That’s when the router reboots itself.

I wish I could help more.

I was working on a different problem with Cisco and they wanted me to start from scratch at factory defaults.  So I completely re-setup my RV340 router from factory defaults using the latest firmware.

Here is what I did to change my IP and turn off DHCP.

I logged on to the RV340 using 192.168.1.1.  I used Windows 10 with TCPIP settings on my PC using 192.168.1.27/24 no default gateway, not needed.  I then proceeded to turn off DHCP.  I then when to LAN menu and VLAN1.  I changed the IP to 192.168.10.1/30 using the edit button.  When I made the last change on the IP, my PC went off line because it was now in a different network. Do not reboot RV340.  I then changed the IP on my workstation to 192.168.10.2/30.  My PC had a LAN cable plugged into the RV340 and it was not rebooted by me because the last changed is not stored yet in flash.  So with the new IP address I logged onto the RV340 using 192.168.10.1 in my browser.  You do not need a gateway because you are just logging onto the RV340 to save the config.  Once I logged on to the RV340 router using the new IP 192.168.10.1 I was able to do a save which wrote the new setting to flash. The IP on the RV340 is now changed and saved.  You can substitute any IP addresses you want these are what I use.  If you want to ask questions please ask now before I forget.  It is all fresh in my mind right now.  You may want DHCP so don't turn it off if you need it.  You may want a bigger mask like /24 instead of a point to point /30.  I have a SG300-28 layer 3 switch does my DHCP and local routing.

unfortunately that did not work for me.    I did not turn off DHCP first but doubt that would make a difference.  Had to move onto other problems.  See following to see if you have any thoughts.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv340-equivalent-to-asa-same-security-traffic-command/td-p/3385697

BTW the procedure you outline works with pre 1.0.01.17 firmware

@TekResults wrote:

BTW the procedure you outline works with pre 1.0.01.17 firmware

Good to know.  I started with firmware 1.0.01.18.  I did not try any other versions.

Same issue, this thing is pathetic. If much rather keep using a 10 year old sa540 and even the isa570’s i have than this time, brain cell, and patience wasting box o’ crap

Love cisco but this is the last new small biz cisco anything i ever consider. Must be an entirely different bunch of resources that dev and QA these and they are borderline incompetent to miss a grayed out mgmt button on the default / native vlan !! A simple mgmt ip address change and u botched it? How can u ship on ip 192.168.1.1 and not test changing it on a new firmware !?!? Thats the 1st thing to test

Now im stuck prayingdowngrading works hours later when i had no free time to start with.  So if me or my clients cant spring for enterprise IOS gear its either the EOL stuff that still works (SA500 especially works perfect even dual wan load balance / failover with vpn and tons of other stuff ) or another brand. A simple vlan 1 ip address change is broken and overlooked? WOW CISCO JUST WOW thats like a chef not tasting his food before adding to the menu - pathetic

FIX THE awful RV340 firmware please. And the small biz AP that stil doesnt let me use.a spaxe in the ssid when the model i had before it did I reported 3/4 years ago

I'm still experiencing this issue with the latest firmware.

New out of box.  Connected WAN to local network and laptop to LAN so I could get online and configure.  Firmware prompt to update from the 33 to 1.18.  Completed.

Set a static IP on WAN. Clicked save config.  All good.  Set time / timezone.  Saved.  All good.

Changed vlan LAN ip address, I do get the initial IP change warning, then the prompt to click to redirect to the new IP.  After this, the router doesn't restart (as mentioned in previous posts for those whom this worked for) and I can not access the mgmt page.  The new IP is pingable.

Rebooted so original vlan ip would load, and got back in with default IP.  Disabled dhcp and tried again.  Same issue.

Thought I'd try the add a vlan trick.  Added a 2nd vlan (10.0.0.1/24) and setup port 2 untagged.  Clicked to save the config - but the page wouldn't load and the mgmt interface became unresponsive.  Tried port 2 - no DHCP.  Tried static 10.0.0.0/24 ip... no mgmt, but router pingable 10.0.0.1.

Seems anything I change via vlan area the entire unit stops allowing web management.

Rebooted again.  Still testing...

EDIT: I can't add any vlan without the entire system becoming inaccessible.  I'm not even touching the default vlan.

you are wasting your time.  I spent a day on this and the only way to change ip address was to load older firmware.  I am selling the unit on ebay because I don't see how the firmware could have been adequately tested and there is no response to this posting.

Agreed... It's some pretty basic functionality that doesn't seem to be working.

I understand this is one of Cisco's first hardware changes from the linksys sbs routers - but man... :(

I suppose that's why CDW have these on sale for %50 off...

I had to downgrade to 1.0.00.33 to change VLAN ip.  

First I deleted DHCP, connected with static ip, made a new vlan, connected to web admin from new vlan, then changed old vlan.  only upgraded to 18 firmware after all vlan and dhcp changes made.

With firmware 18, the web admin was never responsive after changes to vlans.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: