Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change LAN IP range on rv345

Not applicable

I am trying to make the lan side of the router use a 10.x.x.x network instead of the 192.168.x.x that it uses by default.  I have the ATT gateway running to the wan port.  I want the rest of the network on the other side of router using the router for ip addresses on the 10.x.x.x network.

How would I make this change?

54 Replies 54

The RV340 is slated as the replacement for RV320 which is "end of sale".    How can we start reselling this product with such glaring issues.  Does Cisco read these posts?

I'm disappointed that Cisco is unwilling to answer this themselves, but alas.

In the release notes for 1.0.01.18, there's this known issue:

A VLAN1 device management issue may happen during a direct firmware upgrade from version 1.0.0.33 to 1.0.01.18. where the GUI cannot be accessed from the LAN.
Workaround
If your device is running with firmware version 1.0.00.33, please first upgrade the firmware from 1.0.01.16 or 1.0.01.17. Then, continue to upgrade to version 1.0.01.18. This is because a new feature was introduced to enable/disable the device management per VLAN. A direct upgrade from 1.0.00.33 to 1.0.01.18 will make the GUI inaccessible if the VLAN1 address is other than 192.168.1.1/24.

Sure enough, on my RV340 I had done a direct upgrade as soon as I got it plugged in (as anyone would), and the "device management" box for VLAN1 was unchecked, and you couldn't click to enable it. Any change to the VLANS at all would completely disable the web GUI.

Downgrading to 1.0.00.33, then following the instructions to upgrade to 1.0.01.16 then 1.0.01.17 then 1.0.01.18 (by uploading images manually) shows the VLAN1 with device management enabled, and I am now able to change the IP without issue and still access the web portal. Hope this helps.

good find.  Maybe I won't give up on this product.   Really would like to find a replacement for ASA and RV320s

I also stuck here for quite a time. Now I have figured out an easier solution without downgrading.

1. Download current config. You will have an XML file including all the configs provided by RV router.

2. Replace all 192.168.1. to whatever you want, for example 172.16.1.

3. Upload the changed config back to the router.

After this, without rebooting, you can really login with the 172.16.1.1. Now you can save the current config for good.

I had given up on the RV340 product but saw that Firmware Version 1.0.01.20 was available.  I upgraded to this version and the management interface issues are fixed.  I am currently retesting the product.

Hallelujah

RV340 new IP address.  The answer. DO NOT upgrade firmware to the newest version (ends in 3.15) until after you have changed the ip address. You can update to the newest after it is saved.

You need to go into VLan. Add a vlan with an address you are not going to use. Change the bottom Lan settings so that each vlan has at least one lan. Always click apply then click save (floppy disk icon) then apply again. go back and change vlan 1 to what you want, apply, save, apply. Go back and get rid of the second vlan and change the lan under it back to vlan 1. Apply, save, apply. 

You can upgrade to the second newest firmware first but not the newest. (you can install an older version if you already installed the newest firmware.)

I hope this helps. I don't remember every painful step but the newest firmware... .3.15 is faulty. 

The trick seems to be to tick off the checkbox for "Reset all configurations/setting to factory defaults" when upgrading the firmware.

After a boot, VLAN1 will have Device Management still grayed out, but now it's checked.

I tested this with firmware 1.0.03.15.

Diffing config xmls from before and after factory reset shows many different changes.

The important one to this issue is:

<enable-management>true</enable-management>

which is added to 

<vlan-interface-settings xmlns="http://cisco.com/ns/ciscosb/vlan">
        <vlan-id>1</vlan-id>

So if you want to keep your settings you can just save your config, add the <enable-management>-key and import it back in, you'd think.

Regards,

Magnus

I've followed steps 1 & 2, but then for 3 when I try to access the router on that IP address it doesn't work. What am I missing?

I had a similar experience, but it was because I didn’t wait long enough for the router to fully reboot. My router took several minutes to come ready. Once I viewed the lights all indicating full operation, then I had no issue.

Oh ok so I have to save the config and then reboot the router? I was just
changing it and then trying to access it without a reboot.

Yes, I believe all changes require a reboot. Particularly with anything to do with the IP configuration. Once you reboot, you must wait until the system has gone into stable operation again. Then you can try logging on. Let me know if that helps you?

saving the config and rebooting allows me to log in going to 20.0.0.1, but
I am having a problem with step 4: 4. Once you have got the access on port
2, then change the IP address on vlan 1 to 10.0.0.1/24(10.x.x.x
subnet)->apply

once I change the IP address on VLAN 1 it tries to apply it and then just
'hangs'. i then can no longer get to the UI via 20.0.0.1. i just did a
reboot again since I wasn't able to save that change. any idea why this
would happen? it doesn't seem to want to let me change VLAN 1.

Hello Dear Friends at Cisco,

for a so so so simple step, you at Cisco really complicated things! 

It would be so nice to just created a field on the LAN section to be able to just change the main Gateway IP address!

You truly complicated things! 

Dear Sir,

We have RV340 duel wan router, My intranet ip pool 192.168.100.0/22

so i have to assign default router ip address like 192.168.100.1 255.255.250.0. Can I able to assign this ip address to rv340 router? 

Yes, you can apply this new ip address by changing it in the settings.

However, I suggest you change the ip address to something more commercial
like 10.181.215.3 as an exemple.

Thanks!

Miguel Moreno
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: