cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Direct A Specific External Static ISP IP To A Specific Internal Computer With A Private IP Address?

SlatorTurner46
Level 1
Level 1

How can I configure my RV220W router to direct a static IP address to a specific computer on the network.

Comcast Business with 5 static IPs.

NOTE:  I have confirmed the static IPs are available to the RV220W

Static IP #1 (70.xx.xxx.101) ---> Computer #1 (192.168.2.xxx)

Static IP #2 (70.xx.xxx.100) ---> Computer #2 (172.30.9.xxx)

Thanks,

Slator

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jordanburnett
Level 4
Level 4

What you would want to configure is a static NAT rule. 

It looks like you can configure one-to-one NAT on the RV220W. My guess is you can just add multiple one-to-one NATs and set the range to 1.  See the following link:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=8aebd4f4806e47c1bb32b833cdbf6b86_Configure_One_to_One_Network_Address_Translation__NAT__Rules.xml&pid=2&converted=0

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jordanburnett
Level 4
Level 4

What you would want to configure is a static NAT rule. 

It looks like you can configure one-to-one NAT on the RV220W. My guess is you can just add multiple one-to-one NATs and set the range to 1.  See the following link:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=8aebd4f4806e47c1bb32b833cdbf6b86_Configure_One_to_One_Network_Address_Translation__NAT__Rules.xml&pid=2&converted=0

Thanks Jordan - I will give it a try tomorrow/Saturday.

soloo2014
Level 1
Level 1

in IOS Routers the command is (not sure about RV220W):

ip nat inside source static <Global IP> <Local IP>

Example

ip nat inside source static 70.xx.xxx.101 192.168.2.xxx

don't forget to apply nat to the interfaces

Thanks for the response but, I am working via the GUI and, given my RV220W experience, I think it best if I continue with the GUI.

That's the easiest way. I had it working with the range, but can't seem to get that working for some reason..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: