Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable ipv6 dhcpv6-pd on rv130

alexlei262099
Level 1
Level 1

We are using rv130 to connect internet.

IPS offering internet connection via PPPOEv6 and IPV6 address.

WAN port can receive IPv4 and IPv6 address.

How can I config DHCPv6-pd ,so that on of my server on LAN can assign IPV6 address from ISP.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably not supported the data sheet (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/datasheet-c78-738909.html) , lists the following ipv6-features only :

IPv6

●  Dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6
●  6to4 tunneling
●  Stateless address auto-configuration
●  DHCPv6 Server for IPv6 Clients on LAN
●  DHCP v6 client for WAN connectivity
●  Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) v6
●  Static IPv6 Routing
●  Dynamic IPv6 Routing with RIPng

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

So. which product support DHCPv6-pd?

- My initial reply could be incorrect , have a look at this guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv130w/admin_guide/en/rv130w_admin_en.pdf

Look for  'Prefix Delegation' with  find in your browser and view the concerned paragraphs completely. Check if this can provide more insights.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Oh, I found it.

Sadly. My ISP provide IPv6 after PPOE dialup.  and the option only affects WAN connection type is DHCPv6 mode.

When I set IPv6 wan DHCPv6 mode and Prefix Delegation enabled. WAN port can not get IPv6 address from ISP.

When I set IPv6 wan mode PPOE IPv6, then WAN port can get IPv6 address from ISP. but router can not prefix delegation  IPv6 addresses to LAN network.

I need is after PPOE dialup , WAN port be assigned from ISP, and  prefix delegation to my LAN. 

I can not do that both.  I remember rv130 support it some years before.

2021-02-28_20-57-03.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: