cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to open a range of ports in RV016

cardpuller
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add a couple VOIP phone units that do not have their own router.  They are designed to run of the existing router and have three ranges of UDP ports opened up.  They also do not advise using internal (private) statics on the phones.

So what they are asking for is three different ranges of UDP ports to be opened up to all behind the router?

I cannot figure out how to do this (or if it is possible) with a RV016.

Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks in advance.                  

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

To forward a range of ports on RV016, first define a new service through the Service Management button in the Setup>Forwarding page. Then you could specify the internal IP address to forward the above service.

Thank you, but they want the ports opened up to all internal IPs.  The VOIP phones plug right into the router and their tech support said we needed to "open up" the three ranges of UDP ports they use (so that those ports can get through the router to any internal IP).  I am not sure there is a way to do that with a RV016.  I have seen ways to do it on cheaper Linksys "gaming" routers that have a section for "applications and gaming" that allows this .  . . I just cannot find any equivalent on the RV016.

Take a look at this example. RV016 has similar Web admin interface as RV042.

http://flipvideo-sp2.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16555/~/setting-port-range-forwarding-for-the-rv042

You can define all the ports in a range you want to forward to an internal IP address as one service.

You can have one range of ports for each IP phone.

If you still have difficulty, feel free to call the Support Center.

So there is no way to just open all these ports through the router firewall? They are asking for all three port ranges to be open to all the phones. . .

There are specific options for this with some cheaper Linksys gaming routers, etc. - but I guess it cannot be done with a RV016?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: