cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to "fix" RV180/180W Certificate Errors

eruth
Level 1
Level 1

When I access setup on a RV180 or RV180W with Internet Explorer the following message always displays:

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address."

I access the router by clicking on "Continue to this website (not recommended)."

This also happens anytime a URL filter is triggered by a client. I.e., clients do not see the "Blocked by Cisco Firewall" message unless they also click on the "Continue to this website (not recommended)." option.

What do I need to do to prevent both certificate errors?

Thanks,

Ed Ruth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Ruth,

Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products and this is a Microsoft Issue, not related to our Cisco small business Products. Anyway, let me share with you some information that might be helpful.

In order to fix this issue on IE, please follow the next steps:

1. Enter      the address below in their browser and press the “Enter”      key https://www.entrust.net/downloads/binary/entrust_2048_ca.cer

2. Click      the “Open” button on window below:

1. Click      the “Install Certificate…” button on window below:

1. Click      the “Next” button on window below:

1. Click      the “Finish” button on the window below:

1. Click      the “Ok” button on the window below:

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ed, this is a Microsoft error. Using IE, you won't be able to make the router page trusted or make the certificate prompt go away.

Secondly, do you have url blocking enabled for keywords on the router? Otherwise you shouldn't see any message "content blocked by Cisco".

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Yes, I do have URL blocking enabled using key word blocks. The client receives the certificate error message whenever a key word triggers.

onlyalex1984
Level 1
Level 1

Get an public ca ssl certificate from ex godaddy and you are good to go.

BR

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Ruth,

Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products and this is a Microsoft Issue, not related to our Cisco small business Products. Anyway, let me share with you some information that might be helpful.

In order to fix this issue on IE, please follow the next steps:

1. Enter      the address below in their browser and press the “Enter”      key https://www.entrust.net/downloads/binary/entrust_2048_ca.cer

2. Click      the “Open” button on window below:

1. Click      the “Install Certificate…” button on window below:

1. Click      the “Finish” button on the window below:

1. Click      the “Ok” button on the window below:

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer