cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Renew the ProtectLink Gateway license on the RV042?

inrworx555
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my ProtectLink Gateway licenses expired on the RV042. I purchased a new 3 year license, logged in to the TrtendMicro website and activated the license in my account. The RV042 is still show that the license is expired and not seeing the new license. My question is how do I get the RV042 to recognize the new License?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, sounds like you've followed all of the directions correctly for renewal.  It seems like a call to the Support Center may be required now.  You can reach them via the phone number(s) listed here.  Call them and explain the situation and refer them to this posting if need be.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

How long has it been since you renewed the license on the Trend Micro site?  If less than 24hrs then it may just be due to time needed to propagate the update.  Also, did you start this process from within the UI of the RV042 as per the instructions starting on page 79 of the Admin Guide?  If not then you should try using the "renew" process laid out there which should then force the router to "see" the current license information from Trend.

Best Regards,

Hi Glenn, thank for your response. Last Friday I used the link from within the RV042 to renew the license. That process went smooth, and the license shows up in my account as active. I waited over the weekend thinking it would update be then. Still no update. I also clicked on the update info in the RV042. Any ideas? Thanks...

Hmm, sounds like you've followed all of the directions correctly for renewal.  It seems like a call to the Support Center may be required now.  You can reach them via the phone number(s) listed here.  Call them and explain the situation and refer them to this posting if need be.

Best Regards,

Will do.. Thanks Glenn...

Hi Chris,

As Glenn mentioned you will need to contact SMB for a case to be opened.

In Spring of this year the Renewal Process and Keys to renew were changed.  Due to this, there is an incompatibility between the keys.  The symptoms are exactly as you described.

After a case is opened we can proceed to work with Trend Micro to get this resolved for you.

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: