cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset Cisco WRV210 admin password?

koonsang84
Level 1
Level 1

i forgot my WRV210 admin password and i had try to hold reset button for 15 sec , but it also doesn't work.how can i do?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

johanvermeij
Level 1
Level 1

I read this on another post:

First check the connections, modem - internet on router - port 1 to computer.

Reset  the router - press and hold the reset button for 30sec - unplug the  power while holding the reset - reconnect power and then release the  reset button.

Now click on start - run - cmd - ipconfig, the  default gateway address is the IP address of your router. Use this IP to  access the setup page of the router.

View solution in original post

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Mr. Chow,  

If you forgot the password to the router, the only way to get back into the device is to Factory Reset the device with a hard reset.

You can do that by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds with a paperclip.  This will default the device and you will have to reconfigure the router.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johanvermeij
Level 1
Level 1

I read this on another post:

First check the connections, modem - internet on router - port 1 to computer.

Reset  the router - press and hold the reset button for 30sec - unplug the  power while holding the reset - reconnect power and then release the  reset button.

Now click on start - run - cmd - ipconfig, the  default gateway address is the IP address of your router. Use this IP to  access the setup page of the router.

my problem is solved.thank you

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Mr. Chow,  

If you forgot the password to the router, the only way to get back into the device is to Factory Reset the device with a hard reset.

You can do that by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds with a paperclip.  This will default the device and you will have to reconfigure the router.

my problem is solved.thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: