cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am having trouble forwarding rdp connections to computers on my network.

rubenrincones
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco RV042 Router.  Two ISP's and using dual wan setup.  We are trying to connect to a pc on our network using rdp.  The pc we are trying to connect to has been configured to listed for rdp on port 3390.  I have tested it internally and connect via rdp thru said port. 

I have setup a port forward rule on the router to forward port 3390 to the ip of the pc.

I have setup protocol binding for port 3390 service on wan1.

am I missing something?

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ruben, it may be possible UPNP is interfering, can you verify UPNP is disabled? Also, the protocol bind for 3390 should not be necessary because load balance is for connections outbound from the router, not inbound requests.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

UPNP is disabled.   Someone suggested changing the dual wan setup from load balancing to backup.

I changed the dual wan setup from load balancing to backup and the rdp port forwarding works.  Is there a way to setup rdp port forwarding while using load balancing at the same time?

Good morning

Hi Ruben, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. Sorry for the delay of the answer, could you try to configure your router using the port 3389 instead of 3390, here you can see how to configure the port-forwarding

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=346

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: