cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Imnproper web based utility display

srschiller
Level 1
Level 1

The web based utility for my RV220W router only displays in about one quarter of the available window. i can scroll through all the information ubt it seems that the entire window should contain the data. Is there a method to configure the display size? 

A screenshot of the dashboard is attached.

thanks for any help offered.

Stan

6 Replies 6

cbjwthwm
Level 1
Level 1

I had similar probs with an RV180W, using Firefox solved the problem...it had similar window rendering issues on IE11.  These are firmware bugs in the case of the RV180W, which they will not fix as they have now EOL'd that product.

It has similarly aged firmware from 2015 as its final release, so it is very likely these are bugs of the same firmware generations.  Sadly their recommended replacement is the RV130W, which is not really comparable in terms of either build quality or wireless feature set.

Firefox is a usable workaround. It does not display the bug so I will now use Firefox for configuring the router. It's a puzzlement.

Thanks for the heads up.

Stan

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what browser and versions have you tried? Also, when did this start?

Using Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit) and tried IE 11 Version:11.0.9600.18097 with update versions: 11.0.25 (KB3100773) . Both had similar, flawed results.

Sorry, I can't pin down exactly when it started.

gtscomputer
Level 1
Level 1

I have client with an RV180 ROUTER they brought in for service.

Problem is that every since Firefox shutoff T.L.S. 1.2 it can no longer be used and was the only browser that displayed the program on screen in full screen properly. Due to this fact NO OTHER BROWSER will run either. When bypassing any other browsers T.L.S. security to enable the program to run it runs in a 1" drop down window and you have to scroll to get to whatever you want to see. This i would have thought that CISCO would have fixed before they retired the product support in 2020. Is there a browser that works in full screen ? Do i really have to get out a Windows XP machine with an old firefox version on it .........REALLY ????????

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY POOR on CISCO part to not have fixed this ISSUE as i recall it from the very first time i setup this product for the customer years ago.

FYI-TO EVERYONE,,,,,this started many moons ago and CISCO was informed of the problem by many but never EVER fixed the problem. I recall this problem well before the 2020 Support Retirement Date back in 2012 or 2013. (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/obsolete/routers/cisco-rv180-vpn-router.html).