cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IMO SRP527W runs very hot

CytringanLtd
Level 1
Level 1

Is it normal for the SRP527W to run so hot?  I don't have anything to hand to measure the running tempreture but picking the unit up I notice that its getting uncomforatble to hold after a few seconds and the smell of new electronics 'burning in'.

I'm sure the electronics are designed for such heat, but it does make me wonder about the future realiablity of the unit, IMO heat is not good.

Is the 540 series simular in the amount of heat output, or does it have a fan?

If anyone else is running this unit would you care to cuddle it for a few moments and share your experience?

5 Replies 5

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Yes, the SRP527 does run fairly hot - this is expected though.

The SRP547 runs cooler as it does have a fan.

Andy

Hi Paul,

I dont know about the SRP527, but here is the screenshot of the UC540 in production

Thanks for the quick reply,

Do you know if the fan is active in the srp540, ie changes it speed to the amount of heat or have any opinion of how 'noisy' the fan is:  ie, if it was on your desktop could it become irritating?

May I can also ask if there is a way to read the tempreture from the 520 or 540 via snmp?

The SRP547 has a two speed fan (normal and overheat).

Noise  levels aren't terribly high and generally more than acceptable for the  types of small business environment for which is product is positioned.

Temperture is not available via the SNMP MIB.

Regards,

Andy

simonyeeklang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

just bought new one

Model: SRP527W, ADSL2+ AnnexA, 802.11n ETSI,  2FXS/1FXO
Product ID: SRP527W-U-E-K9

Warm only

Sorry to say this it does smell like burnt electronics

I think due to simple heat sink and not enough good heatsink compound.

Need to have air drive across its board.

Best Regards, Mr. Simon Yee Document Control Budi Feed Sdn. Bhd.(827186-P) Lot 11940, Jalan Perajurit 1, Off Jalan Perajurit, Kampung Tengah, Telok Gong, 42000 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Tel :-- 603-3134 1081 Notice of Confidentiali
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: