cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating SPA122ATA with RV345

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

We are moving from a Cambium Networks router with an integrated ATA to a combination of a Cisco RV345 router and a Cisco SPA122 ATA around March. The ATA will be used to power our VOIP since we're still on analog phones connected to the ATA (we have a SIP trunk with Nuso, formerly SoTel). 

Last time I configured a Cisco RV345/SPA122 ATA combo together with a SIP trunk from SoTel, there was an issue with the firewall on the RV345 causing a time out issue that would drop the connection to the ATA during a VOIP call after around 20 minutes. 

Could someone tell me some recommended firewall adjustment settings I could try when I setup and integrate the SPA122 ATA with the RV345 to avoid this occurring? I'll likely put the ATA in the DMZ on the router, plus I may need to make some router firewall adjustments.

I also plan to place the SPA122 ATA on its own separate voice VLAN (probably VLAN 2), plus adjust the QoS settings to prioritize voice traffic. I configured these in the past, but I may need a refresher on them. I do have an active service contract on the RV345, so I could open a ticket with TAC to walk me through it if need be. I also need to get Wireshark installed on my systems.

Eventually, I may move to the ATA191, but I already have a spare SPA122 ATA, so I'd like to get a little more use out of it if possible.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is resolved. The ATA has incorrect DNS settings, that once adjusted, caused the timeout issue to no longer occur.

Nathan Parker

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is resolved. The ATA has incorrect DNS settings, that once adjusted, caused the timeout issue to no longer occur.

Nathan Parker
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: