cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Subnet Mask is Invalid - RVS4000 - error on wan setup

stu_malt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to configure my RVS4000 to have internet access and am getting this error.

I have my ISP DSL modem (bethere.co.uk 585v7 - latest firmware) set to bridge mode and the internet connection is up (according to the lights).

I have then connected my RVS4000 to it and via the browser management interface am trying to configure my static IP using my allocated (and tried and tested - I am using them now on a netgear router & modem) details.

I go to 'wan setup' and choose 'Internet connection type' of 'static IP' and then enter my known IP address, subnet mask, Default gateway and DNS details and as soon as I select 'save' I get the error "Internet Subnet is Invalid. Please enter again". In order to rule out a browser field validation problem I have tried this in IE and Safari.

Can someone help point me in the right direction please? This seems such a simple basic thing but I can't get it working/to accept the correct values.

Thanks!

rvs4000_ip_error2.tiff

Message was edited by: stu_malt1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, I finally got your TIFF files and noticed something really odd...

You have your subnet mask listed on the screenshot for the RVS4000 as 225.225.240.0.

That is an invalid subnet mask. Did you mean to put in something along the lines of 255.255.240.0?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mihagan
Level 1
Level 1

The TIFF files that you have posted are showing up as dead links for me.

What version of firmware is on your RVS4000 and what subnet mask are you trying to enter? The latest firmware for the RVS4000 is 1.3.0.5. If you do not have the most current firmware try upgrading the firmware first and see if that makes any difference.

Okay, I finally got your TIFF files and noticed something really odd...

You have your subnet mask listed on the screenshot for the RVS4000 as 225.225.240.0.

That is an invalid subnet mask. Did you mean to put in something along the lines of 255.255.240.0?

stu_malt1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, you are absolutely correct, it was a typo in the mask that I hadn't noticed in 3 hours of trying. It should of course read 255 not 225.

Even though I tried it in a different browser on another machine it seems that the UI caches failed values so they were already there and I didn't notice.

So, thank you for such a fast reply, I'm glad it was my mistake and not an issue!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: