cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 15 for SR520 Routers

Scott Pettit
Level 9
Level 9

Can anyone tell me when IOS 15 will be available for the SR520 routers?  I'm wanting to deploy IPv6 on a few of the ones we have out there but I can't until there is support for IPv6 ACL's, which is not in 12.4(24), the most recent release available online.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

...as a quick update:

IPv6 ACLs are included in 12.4(24)T for the SR520, however they are hidden from CLI help.

If you go ahead and paste in your ACL configuration, it will be accepted in to the running config

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,  The SR520 has a maximum RAM of 128M, which is insufficient to run any of the 15 release trains.  For this feature, the 870 or 880 series routers should be considered.  Andy

So shouldn't this router be EOL then?  Saying it supports IPv6 is absolutely no use if you can't at the least have an ACL setup to provide basic firewalling to endpoints behind that router.

...as a quick update:

IPv6 ACLs are included in 12.4(24)T for the SR520, however they are hidden from CLI help.

If you go ahead and paste in your ACL configuration, it will be accepted in to the running config

According to

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9305/data_sheet_c78-549906.html, dRAM is 256M.  Flash maximum

is 128M.  So the limitation regarding ios 15

is being able to store the ios image?

2011 05 24  If the goal is to provide modern, versatile T1 termination in support of sbcs, with more headroom than provided by SR520-T1, i.e. futureProof, what is the specific product recommendation, including WIC ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: