cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 anycast addresses

isaacmora
Level 1
Level 1

What are the IPv6 anycast addresses using for?, are they  some kind of broadcast?

I have a  router 2811  I'm configuring ipv6, do I need to use these addresses?

I appreciate any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good afternoon isaac mora

They are not broadcast  addressing, anycast is a network addressing and routing methodology in which datagrams from a single sender are routed to the  nearest node (such a domain ¨www.cisco.com¨) in a group of potential receivers all identified by the same destination address.

You do not to configure this feature, just configure the Unicast ipv6 addresses,

Best regards and have a nice day

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good afternoon isaac mora

They are not broadcast  addressing, anycast is a network addressing and routing methodology in which datagrams from a single sender are routed to the  nearest node (such a domain ¨www.cisco.com¨) in a group of potential receivers all identified by the same destination address.

You do not to configure this feature, just configure the Unicast ipv6 addresses,

Best regards and have a nice day

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.