Views
Helpful
Replies

IR 829 internet connection via Gigabit Ethernet 1-4

Ralf110666
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

i need to connect an IR 829 to the internet. i am not able to get access to the Routers Lan ports there ist no way to assign an IP. i get allways error message " IP addresses may not be configured on L2 links. I checked further information ans understood that i need to configure an Vlan. Well i never did that before and it seems that the basic vlan config desription from cisco isnt enough. Itried to find the IOS switching service command reference ...  but i get allways ERR 404 on all corresponding links.

Maybe somebody has an sampe configuration for an 829 with simple internet access via GE1 cellular0 without securety and also without w-lan just a simple configuration to show internet access is possible with the hardware. ( we need to show the customer that the hardware installation is ok by connecting a computer to the router and up and download a samplefile.

best regards

Ralf

1 Reply 1

Ralf110666
Level 1
Level 1

Update,

i have now a basic config, so i am able to ping 8.8.8.8 via console port. I have also an dhcp server and GE 1 - GE 4 are assigned to vlan 1. But DNS is not working i can not ping google.de for example and i am not able to connect a pc to the internet via GE 1 - GE 4. How can i connect vlan1 to dhcp server? DHCP Server is configured as follows:

ip domain name xxxxx

ip name-server 10.0.0.1

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.0.0.1

ip dhcp pool dpool1

network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0

import all

default- router 10.0.0.1

dns-server 8.8.8.8

dns-server 8.8.4.4

domain-name test

best regards

ralf