cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it necessary to create matching INBOUND and OUTBOUND rules?

PalmBayChuck
Level 1
Level 1

RV220W - I'm trying to create a one-to-one NAT connection to a PC on my network. I have 5 static IP's assigned by my ISP. I've gone through the step of 'registering' each IP in turn on the WAN port, and pinging that IP from an external device until it starts to respond, then I set the WAN IP back to the one I want to use to manage the device.

I think what I want to do is simple. I simply want to NAT ALL traffic hitting my 2nd IP address, let's call it 24.15.120.73 (not the real value) to 192.168.1.10 internally. I want ALL ports both UDP and TCP to be forwarded. This Server is then going to be one end of a VPN tunnel going to another site, but I don't want to complicate things with that for now.

So I can't even seem to get one-to-one NAT working!

I created the one-to-one NAT on the Advanced tab of the firewall and created rules for all ports for UDP and TCP, but I can still never 'see' the internal server from the Internet. Also, the server will not get out to the Internet (can't hit Google, etc).

I'm sorry if I'm not using the correct language, but I'm not a network pro. I have enough knowledge to make myself dangerous 

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Also, if Cisco could provide Step by Step instruction guides on how to do various things, I think it would be a useful resource for your customers!

2 Replies 2

Thank you Dave. I did find that very well written article during my quest to find answers, but the steps he outlined didn't work for me! I'll undo all the entries I made and start over to see if it works a 2nd time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: