cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is RV110W capable of "selective" VPN routing? Split tunneling?

ladislavfolta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to find an anwer to for a question whether the RV110W is capable of distinguish between traffic that should go to VPN tunnel and traffic that should not go thru the VPN tunnel - I think this is called split tunneling.

I've been requested to create a VPN Tunnel between an office that's using the RV110W and one corporate network where a VPN server is running. That is quite easy as I know that RV110W has VPN client mode, however there a requirement not to route all traffic through the VPN tunnel. Only traffic that directs to the corporate network (certain ragne of IP addresses) should be routed thru the VPN tunnel and the rest that directs elsewhere should not go to VPN tunnel.

Is this achievable with this device?

If not, could you recommend me a device that is capable to satisfy this requirement?

Thank you for your anwers.

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Ladislav,

The RV110W creates a split tunnel only using IPSec. A full tunnel is not possble so it should work fine.

- Marty

Thank you for your reply.

I have a  follow-up question. When I establish VPN connection between the router and server. Will it be possible to access machines behind the router from machines behind the server?

Ladislav,

When you create a site to site VPN tunnel, all devices on each side that are on the same VLAN in which the tunnel is created should have access to each other. It will be like they are on the same network but they will have different IP subnets. So the answer is yes, devices on the "server" side should be able to access devices on the RV110W side.

- Marty