Replies

IT support

joanlim2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any CLI for cisco SA540?

If yes, any way to obtain it?

We have problem with the cisco SA540 after we have been using for 2 years and suddenly VPN was not working.

Thank you.

Regards,

Joan.

email: joan.lim@directlink.com.

3 Replies 3

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

The short answer is that none of the Cisco Small Business Routers are CLI capable, regardless of this, you can troubleshoot the issue by accessing the unit's Web GUI. Just go to HTTPS://"IP address of Default Gateway" and you will be able to access it.

I hope this was helpful

Hi Cchamorr,

The problem is: I need to do tcp-dumps for our HQ to trace the problem on the VPN tunnel between.

Is there any way to see it?

I also having problem on accessing the syslog, is there any way to look at the syslog using a simple way on getting a txt file?

Thanks.

Hello,

First of all, I'm not sure this device will do tcp-dumps, I researched it and couldn't find a way to do it.

Second, you will be able to send the logs to an external server and will even be able to export them to a text file.

On the admin guide (attached) page 188 you will find the instructions on how to configure a remote syslog server.

If you don't have a syslog server, I recommend for you to try using tftpd32, it is a free software with a lot of features including the syslog server with option to export the output to text file.

I hope this was helpful