cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

linksys rv082 daily restarts; on the same routers.

jtmgrzegj
Level 1
Level 1

Recently my company has had to reorder a rv082 series vpn router. to replace its predecessor of the same model.

some background;

we bought 2 rv082's late 2009. and one has been working correctly for the past 9 months? while the other failed 2 months ago.

the replacement of which is now beginning to fail again.

always latest firmware 2.*

both routers locations have the same isp, 2 different subnets on the wan and lan side. and are vpn'd 2 each other.

business class cable by comcast.

the location with the router that keeps failing also has a backup adsl line set as a failover.

anywho when i say the router is failing or failed, i mean..

at first, intermittent (once a week) random restarts.

progressing to more recurring (once every couple days)..

to a more mild (once a day), until finally it begins to crash several times a day..

the one we shipped back actually wouldnt stay up longer than a few hours. and took a long time to restart.

ive tried using the snmp trap errors and the system log messages to diagnose whats wrong.. and the best i can come up with is an authentication failure sometimes before it crashes..

the new router is now in the mild stage, crashing once a day.

ive read many threads on the rv082 and noticed the blame is usually put upon the isp.

but i dont understand how or why a backup adsl line would destroy a working router..

any thoughts or questions that hopefully someone can help me with?

thanks,

~Greg

1 Reply 1

oliversl1
Level 1
Level 1

How did you configure the new rv082? By restoring the config file or by manually entering all the setup info? Try reseting to factory default and manually configure the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: