cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys WRVS4400N won’t connect

dpbd36695
Level 1
Level 1

Linksys WRVS4400N won’t connect with my DirecTV DVR. I spoke with the DirecTV tech folks extensively about attempting this connection but I can’t make it happen and they are stating it is an issue with the router even though I have Wi-Fi throughout my house. I changed the password and deactivated all of the possible firewalls and still no connection. Can someone please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks,

David

3 Replies 3

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

David,

please elaborate on "won't connect". Are you saying that your DVR does not get an IP address? Are you needing to forward ports for remote access?'

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

It will not connect wirelessly using the password that I have Wi-Fi setup throughout my house. I changed the password and deactivated all of the possible firewalls and still no connection. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

How does your DirectTV connect to the WRVS4400N?  Wired or Wireless? Please be a bit more specific with you information.

Regards Simon
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: