cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login to PC using VPN

jpleslie01
Level 1
Level 1

Is there some method I have not yet discovered where I can login to a PC with a VPN connection to an RVS4000?

So far the only way I've discovered to connect to an RVS4000 VPN is to use the QuickVPN client. While it works well, it can only be used after I'm logged into the PC, at least as far as I know.

With the built-in Windows VPN client you can connect to a Remote Access/VPN server by logging in via VPN which is handy when wanting to remotely login to a domain and have policies, scripts, etc run like when you're connected directly to the LAN. But I don't see that I can do this with the RVS4000 and with no VPN server on the company network.

So am I missing something or is it just not possible?

Jonathan

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jonathan, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community.I have a question for you. Do you want to connect your RVS4000 to a tunnel without a router in the other side? I am right? If this is your expectation this is a little  impossible, you need a layer 3 device "Cisco if you want to use QuickVPN" in the other side and set the tunnel, if you don’t have other router, you cannot connect to the tunnel.

If this is not your idea please describe me a little more about  you r topology.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

I'm sorry this reply is so late. My question was not about connecting the RVS4000 to a tunnel. My question was if it is possible to connect to an RVS4000 with out using the Cisco QuickVPN software, but instead using the Windows built-in VPN client.

Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: