cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for a VPN Client for RV042

philsenff
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a good client software so I can vpn into my home and office RV042 VPN routers from the road. I need one that will work on both XP32 bit and XP64 bit. I have tried the Quick VPN off Linksys web site but it seems to have problems on the 32 bit boxes and will not even start up on the 64 bit. I will be using a Client to Gateway configuration.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

TheGreenBow VPN Client is one option, and the native ipsec client on Windows is another.

For QuickVPN Client, it should work well if you have the latest version 1.2.11 and XP (32-bit) with SP3. The issues have been ironed out over the years.

You can use the windows client and the pptp server option on the rv042 to connect to the router that way.  The quickvpn software is designed to work with vista 32-bit as long as the windows firewall is enabled on the vista machine.  Make sure the block wan request is disabled, and when you try connecting try both options on the quickvpn client 443 and 60443.  What type of internet connection do you have?  How are you connecting to the network remotely (wireless card, router, etc?)  What is the private ip address of your rv042?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: