Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast support in Cisco RV325 router

sbarreto1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a simple network with one RV 325 router with one multicast server in one vlan (transmitting to 224.1.1.1 on UDP 5000), and I have several receivers in a different vlan, connected to the same router.  I enabled multicast pass through functinallity and it does not work.

Do you know if there is any caveat about this?

Thanks,

Sergio.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sergio,

The Multicast Pass Through feature is part of the firewall suite and only affects traffic between the WAN and LAN.  Unfortunately the RV320 is not capable of routing multicast between VLANs.

Regards,

Mike.V

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sergio,

The Multicast Pass Through feature is part of the firewall suite and only affects traffic between the WAN and LAN.  Unfortunately the RV320 is not capable of routing multicast between VLANs.

Regards,

Mike.V

Hello Cisco Team

We have almost the same case but we would like to use AirPlay devices over different VLANs.

Cisco RV325 and WAP371 support the Bonjour Service but we can't see the devices from our management pc.

Configuration:

- Management-PC in VLAN 10 

- WAP371 with VLAN 11 and VLAN12 (SSID Private and Guest)

- RV325 Router with active VLAN Routing

- All Bonjour Services enabled on the devices.

We can pinging the devices over the VLANs but we can not see them in Apple's Software.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards.

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: