cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Fixed IP addresses on PPPoE with SRP547W

teamnorac
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ADSL connection and have configured the PPPoE subinterface on WAN1 (ADSL)  this connection has a static IP, and I know that the ISP gives that to me through DHCP however I have 4 or 5 additional IP addresses also provided to me on that same link, and they are not given to me via DHCP.

How do I configure this router to have multiple fixed IP addresses on a PPPoE interface?

I also need to port forward some ports for each of the IP's but I assume this will be easy after i have the IP addresses setup.

4 Replies 4

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid the SRP500s do not directly support static IP addresses on PPPoE WAN interfaces.  However, for your particular scenario, I think you will likely be able to do what you want using either the software or hardware DMZ functionality - most likely the software version.  Software DMZ allows you to map static IP addresses on the WAN to specific hosts on the inside network.  This sounds like what you described with the exception that, rather than having to create port mappings, traffic will be forwarded automatically.

Cheers,

Dave.

Can you suggest a similar router that will support this function?

Hi,

You could consider the SR520-ADSL or Cisco877/887.  All of these are IOS based devices and should allow you to configure the behaviour you require.

Andy

can you explain more on how we can achieve this via hardware DMZ?