cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple internet connections/routers sharing printers

gregciano
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 internet connections in my office one via Verizon Fios and another  one via the local cable company. On the fios connection I have an RV042 VPN  router and on the Cable company connection I have an rvs4000 router, I would  like to know if there is a way I can connect the 2 so I can share a printer I  have on one of the 2 networks from the other network without using the VPN  feature, like via an ethernet cable connected between the 2 and some kind of  static route maybe , just guessing here. If this is possible, Please give  details, Thanx

6 Replies 6

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Gregciano,

Please post how everything is connect (topology view) of your network.

Also with detail information on routing. Then i could advise if it's possible or not.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

See below for attached pdf topology drawing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you require all the computers to be on 2 separate networks or can all computers and printers be on one LAN? If they can on one LAN then just use the rv042 for your Internet connections as it has dual wan.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards Simon

See attached PDF file

Please see pdf file attached in the discussion for topology view and desired results.

Gregciano,

How is PATCH-1, PATCH-2, PATCH-3 –plugged into the RV042 and if you’re using both WAN ports on the RV042 - what are the address of both.?

Thanks,

Jasbryan