Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT 1 to 1 and access to outside IP address on ASR1001x

rolfo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have problem with my network and Cisco ASR1001x as BRAS. I NATed 1 to 1 addresses like this:

ip nat inside source static A.A.A.A B.B.B.B

Now when I want to access A.A.A.A from outside of our network I just try to access B.B.B.B and everything work well. But the problem is when I try to access A.A.A.A from inside of our network. Then when I try to access B.B.B.B I can't even ping it. Like in this scenario:
Customer has home automation system. He has smartphone app which communicate with his system, for example reporting current position to check if he is home or not. When he configure address to A.A.A.A it works well in his house, inside our network. But when he switch to cellular network it obviously has no communication. So he configured the B.B.B.B address. Now - on the cellular network it works well but it fails when he come back home and he need to change IP address what is very annoing.

And here is my question - how to fix it? Previously we were using cheap Mikrotik where it was working like a charm and now we can't make ASR1001x work.

2 Replies 2

Megan66645
Level 1
Level 1

Use the ip nat inside source static command to enable static NAT of the inside source address Upsers.

Sorry, I didn't exactly understand what you mean. And to be exact - we use overload NAT on most customers and some of them need external access - in this case we use ip nat inside source static. Some lines of our config:

ip nat pool VLAN114 X.X.X.X Y.Y.Y.Y netmask 255.255.255.0

and then:

ip nat inside source static A.A.A.A B.B.B.B

and overload:

ip nat inside source list VLAN_114 pool VLAN114 overload
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: