Helpful
Replies

Need help in choosing l3 switch with 10G SFP+ ports

VinayM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need an advice on below.

I need to upgrade our distribution node to 10G. Currently we are having cisco WS-C3750G-12S as a distribution switch at one of the hub with L3 features with 4 1G uplinks. Out of the 4 uplink 2 links will be made 10G and 2 will remain 1G.

Following are my requirements.

Routing IPV4/V6 (inter vlan routing, OSPF)(as much as routing as possible)
Multiple trunk ports (at-least 4 fiber SFP+ ports.)
Having 10G capabilities.

Also need to keep budget small

Please suggest me the switch model which will meet my requirement.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Although you didn't mention it, I assumes as this is a distribution switch all the switchports need to be SFP/SFP+ ?

Probably the cheapest switch would be a SG350XG-24F, this will give you a full 24 SFP+ port density. With the correct SFP you will be able to connect legacy 1Gb connections and have the option to upgrade them to 10G by swapping in a SFP+ module.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/350x-series-stackable-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-735986.html

Also is you are connecting 1G copper, you can always use the GLC-T SFP modules too.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

Hello @Seb Rupik , Thank you so much for replying to this discussion so promptly.. Love the engagement!

Thanks,

Glenn

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Although you didn't mention it, I assumes as this is a distribution switch all the switchports need to be SFP/SFP+ ?

Probably the cheapest switch would be a SG350XG-24F, this will give you a full 24 SFP+ port density. With the correct SFP you will be able to connect legacy 1Gb connections and have the option to upgrade them to 10G by swapping in a SFP+ module.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/350x-series-stackable-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-735986.html

Also is you are connecting 1G copper, you can always use the GLC-T SFP modules too.

cheers,

Seb.

Hello @Seb Rupik , Thank you so much for replying to this discussion so promptly.. Love the engagement!

Thanks,

Glenn

Thanks a lot for your reply, this will help me a lot

and sorry for the late revert

No problem, please can you mark this post as answered ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: