cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need NAT Loopback for RV 120W

andyoeft07
Level 1
Level 1

I recently replaced a client's router with a Cisco RV 120W.  The client employs a web-based application on an internal server that manages their business.  Workers in the field use a handheld device power by WIndows Mobile to access a mobile version of the the web-based app.  Data contained on the mobile app syncronizes with the server when workers choose a sync menu.  Some workers perform this sync in the field, others wait till they return to the office and use the wireless provided by the router. Prior to changing the router, the synching worked fine either inside or outside the company network.  The mobile app accesses the internal server via the router's public IP address.  The router forwards the http requests to the internal server.  But now the synching does not work internally.  I assume it's because the Cisco RV 120 W does not support NAT Loopback, or I simply haven't figured out how to enable it.  Does anyone know how to enable NAT Loopback on the RV 120 W so I can access the web-based app by through the router's external IP while on the private side of the LAN??

2 Replies 2

fredlamour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue with the RV120W I have bought.

have you found a solution ? or did you ask something to Cisco ?

thanks

Hi,

There were an open bug for this issue on 1.0.1.3 but was fixed with 1.0.2.6, so i would make sure you're running latest firmware; after this has been verified or installed. If you're having trouble with hairpinning on latest firmware then please give SBSC a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case.

Jasbrayn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: