cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Drive and Vlan

Ryan Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup multiple SSID's, each having their own vlan. When I access my Network Drive on the main Vlan, I am able to access my network drive. When I connect to the other SSID on their own vlan, I am unable to access the network drive. What could I do so I could access the network drives over more then one Vlan?

2 Replies 2

Ryan Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to mention that the router is rv110w

I am not familiar with this hardware  but general steps you can take:

Disable AP-isolation (ap isolation makes your wifi clients talk only with default gateway and then to internet, local lan is not reachable), probably not an issue as inter-vlan routing is done on GW but ...

Enable Inter-Vlan routing. (enables routing the packets from one vlan to another)

Check if there arent any "limitations" on the second wlan/ssid/vlan like some guest features etc..

Also remember when accessing the drive from the second wlan/ssid/vlan you are on different bcast domain (probably also different subnet) and so you wont see the the network drive as a result from some network discovery as broadcast originating from network drive will not reach you.

You have to manually statically point to the network drive address to reach it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: