cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Networking Problems with RV110w

AlexChrist210
Level 1
Level 1

I have two main problems with the RV110w router. Let's say I turn on my computer and open Internet Explorer. My homepage is http://www.yahoo.com. So, the Internet opens and the tab says: waiting for yahoo.com. Usually, the page takes a while but never loads anyway. I don't know what could cause this to happen but it is really annoying. The other problem is with my HP Network Printer. The printer is on wireless "Network 1" and my computer is wired in the network. A few nights ago I tried printing a word document to this printer. Now, the printer shows up as online before I click print, but afterwards the printer says: error- offline. I tried using command prompt to ping the printer and at first, the ping said: destination host unreachable. Then, I rebooted the router and I tried to ping the printer again. This time it worked and I was able to print. Then, I went back to see if it was still working and it stopped. I have no idea what the problem is but, I did notice that when the printer wouldn't print, the "waiting for yahoo.com" shows up on the tab in Internet Explorer.

5 Replies 5

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Alexander, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. I recommend you to change the MTU value of your device, probably the package size is too big and the device get with out connection. however the wireless signal could has interference, so here I share a document about common problems:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29821

I hope you find this answer useful,

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thank You. I will check up on the link and get back as soon as I can. Also, do you have any suggestions of what I should change the MTU value to?

Hi Alexander, you can use 1450, or you can try increasing or decreasing in order to find the size better for your configuration.

Let me know if you have any question.I hope you find this answer useful,

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thank you. I'll check back later.

neuspeed79
Level 1
Level 1

OP,

Open IE, go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab

Under the connections tab, make sure nothing is checked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: