Views
Helpful
Replies

Never ever rv220w again

Thomas.K_DK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Just bought this router as Cisco have a good reputation, but i've never owned a product that's so Beta'ish. Allmost nothing is working as it should with firmware 1.0.4.17, and it has not been updated since August 2012.

I've tried to setup normal portforward, without luck, i've tried to setup PPTP VPN, but having problems, if i do it like the manual says(Same network as VLan error). Simple things that should be working on a product like this, without any problems.

I'm for sure going to return this router to the seller.

Best regards

Thomas

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those features work fine... before venting your frustration about how much bad the product is, I'd recommend to call support since it is free to you and you can have someone that is obligated to make it work, make it work.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Thomas,

I would have thoght that August 2012 release firmware would still count as current. To release firmware in a complex product requires a lot of testing (hopefully!) and 1.0.4.17 did fix a lot of bugs. I would hope that Cisco is working a new release however I would not have expected it to be released yet.

Your problem sounds like it could be a set-up problem. It seems that a lot of users have got PPTP VPN working. If you are still having problems then provide some information for the forum People like Tom are very helpful and seem very

knowledgeable. Alternatively you can place a call with Cisco.

Goold luck,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: